Opinions on corporate and brand identity work.

A division of UnderConsideration.








Share ›

New Logo and Livery for Vistara by Brand Union | Ray+Keshavan

New

Noted Aug. 22, 2014 by Armin

Industry / Aviation Tags /

About

Vistara is the name of the joint venture between India’s Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. The new carrier, announced in 2013, will be a full-service airline based in New Delhi. The two companies will initially invest a combined US$100 million to start the carrier, with Tata Sons owning 51 per cent and Singapore Airlines (SIA) owing the remaining 49 per cent. Vistara will operate mainly on trunk routes, focussing on the northern part of the country. The airline will have 87 weekly flights linking its hub in Delhi to Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Jammu, Srinagar, Patna and Chandigarh.” (Wikipedia)

Design by

Brand Union | Ray+Keshavan

Related links

Brand Union press release
Bangalore Aviation story

Relevant quote
Vistara is derived from vistaar means 'infinite expanse' in Sanskrit. It is the perfect cue for an airline that will push back the boundaries of air travel and create seamless experiences. It also conjures up the image most associated with a smooth flight– an endless, blue horizon.

The Vistara star is derived from a yantra, an ancient symbol that depicts an unbounded universe in a perfect mathematical form. At its heart, is an 8 pointed star derived from the compass rose that signals the brand's commitment to excellence in everything that it does.

Brand Union press release

Images (opinion after)
New Logo and Livery for Vistara by Brand Union | Ray+Keshavan
Logo detail.
New Logo and Livery for Vistara by Brand Union | Ray+Keshavan
Livery.
New Logo and Livery for Vistara by Brand Union | Ray+Keshavan
Uniform sketches.
Opinion

This is a rather nice, good-looking logo. The icon is relevant and elegant — if, perhaps, interchangeable with any other India-based company — and the extended wordmark, despite my utter disapproval of the uppercase "R", is competently done. The livery is quite straightforward and the symmetry of the icon plays well on either side of the tail.

Thanks to Binit Vasa for the tip.

Your opinion…

On Icon


Total

On Wordmark


Total

On Livery


Total

Comments


Share ›

Spotted Around the web

New Logo for Conmebol

New Logo for Conmebol
 
Spotted May. 25, 2017

Pinned Recent, Big Stories

New Logo for NASCAR

New Logo for NASCAR
 
Posted Jan. 4, 2017

Curated Best Posts with Script Logos

Brandiose is Grandiose

Brandiose is Grandiose
 
Posted Feb. 9, 2012

Little Chef, Big Dreams

Little Chef, Big Dreams
 
Posted May. 19, 2011
 
 

About

Brand New, is a division of UnderConsideration, displaying opinions, and focusing solely, on corporate and brand identity work. More…

UnderConsideration is a graphic design firm generating its own projects, initiatives, and content while taking on limited client work. Run by Bryony Gomez-Palacio and Armin Vit in Austin, TX.

Many Thanks to our Advertisers

When choosing between competing products and services, please consider our advertisers, who help support Brand New.

Typography

Brand New uses Mercury Text ScreenSmart and Operator ScreenSmart from Hoefler & Co.

Webfonts by Hoefler & Co.

Join our Mailing List