The evolution of the Chevrolet Corvette logo.
For volumes older than September 2010 visit the old Quipsologies.
Chronicling the most curious, creative, and notable projects, stories, and events of the graphic design industry on a daily basis.
• Quipsologies, is a division of UnderConsideration, chronicling the most curious, creative, and notable projects, stories, and events of the graphic design industry on a daily basis.
• Quipsologies uses TypeKit to render P22 Underground, Skolar Web by TypeTogether, and Coquette by Mark Simonson.
• Quipsologies is run with Six Apart’s MovableType 6.1.1
• All comments, ideas and thoughts on Quipsologies are property of their authors; reproduction without the author’s or Quipsologies’s permission is strictly prohibited
• Search through our archives (starting with Vol. 45 September 2010)
UnderConsideration is a graphic design enterprise that runs a network of blogs, publishes books, organizes live events, and designs for clients.
Brand New / Displaying opinions, and focusing solely, on corporate and brand identity work.
FPO (For Print Only) / Celebrating the reality that print is not dead by showcasing the most compelling printed projects.
Brand New Classroom / Providing a space for critique and opinions on student identity work.
Speak Up (2002 – 2009) / Discussing, and looking for, what is relevant in, and the relevance of, graphic design. Archives Only.
Word It (2003 – 2010) / Encouraging creative diversity in the community through monthly, one-word challenges. Archives Only.
Flaunt: Designing effective, compelling and memorable portfolios of creative work / 2010, self-published.
Graphic Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design / 2009, Rockport.
Women of Design: Influence and Inspiration from the Original Trailblazers to the New Groundbreakers / 2008, HOW Books.
The Word It Book: Speak Up Presents a Gallery of Interpreted Words / 2007, HOW Books.
2010 Brand New Conference / A one-day event on the development of corporate and brand identity projects by some of today’s most active and influential practitioners from around the world.
Department of Design / Designing corporate and brand identities and full development of printed and digital matter for clients.
Quip’d by a representative of UnderConsideration
Quip’d by a contributing Quipsologist
Submitted by our readers and Quip’d by UnderConsideration