A guide to recognizing your design saints by David Sizemore. More of a roll call than a guide.
For volumes older than September 2010 visit the old Quipsologies.
Chronicling the most curious, creative, and notable projects, stories, and events of the graphic design industry on a daily basis.
• Quipsologies, is a division of UnderConsideration, chronicling the most curious, creative, and notable projects, stories, and events of the graphic design industry on a daily basis.
• Quipsologies uses TypeKit to render P22 Underground, Skolar Web by TypeTogether, and Coquette by Mark Simonson.
• Quipsologies is run with Six Apart’s MovableType 6.1.1
• All comments, ideas and thoughts on Quipsologies are property of their authors; reproduction without the author’s or Quipsologies’s permission is strictly prohibited
• Search through our archives (starting with Vol. 45 September 2010)
UnderConsideration is a graphic design enterprise that runs a network of blogs, publishes books, organizes live events, and designs for clients.
Brand New / Displaying opinions, and focusing solely, on corporate and brand identity work.
FPO (For Print Only) / Celebrating the reality that print is not dead by showcasing the most compelling printed projects.
Brand New Classroom / Providing a space for critique and opinions on student identity work.
Speak Up (2002 – 2009) / Discussing, and looking for, what is relevant in, and the relevance of, graphic design. Archives Only.
Word It (2003 – 2010) / Encouraging creative diversity in the community through monthly, one-word challenges. Archives Only.
Flaunt: Designing effective, compelling and memorable portfolios of creative work / 2010, self-published.
Graphic Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design / 2009, Rockport.
Women of Design: Influence and Inspiration from the Original Trailblazers to the New Groundbreakers / 2008, HOW Books.
The Word It Book: Speak Up Presents a Gallery of Interpreted Words / 2007, HOW Books.
2010 Brand New Conference / A one-day event on the development of corporate and brand identity projects by some of today’s most active and influential practitioners from around the world.
Department of Design / Designing corporate and brand identities and full development of printed and digital matter for clients.
Quip’d by a representative of UnderConsideration
Quip’d by a contributing Quipsologist
Submitted by our readers and Quip’d by UnderConsideration