Sponsored Sep. 16, 2019 by Print Peppermint
Ah, those beautiful 90º angles. Four sleek, identical sides. It can also be called a rectangle, but don’t you dare call a rectangle a square. No no, The Square sits on its own parallelogram pedestal of perfection. In our opinion, being called a square is actually a compliment. It’s 2019 and the “Grandmillennial” IS. A. THING.
At Print Peppermint we know you want your business to stand out. Behold…The Square Business Card. They’re unique, modern, and oh-so proportionate. Here are a few more reasons why we love a square business card:
- In a world where more and more things are generally being cropped to a square (i.e. app icons and Instagram posts) the layout is a natural t.
- A normal response when you hand them out - “oh wow, it’s square!”
- They t so good in the palm of your hand.
- A tilted square is also a diamond!
- An OCD dream. Balance and symmetry… Need we say more?
So now that we’ve established that square cards show that you and your business think outside the box, here are a few tips to keep in mind when designing for the symmetrical shape.
- With a little less space to play with this is a great opportunity to use both sides of the card.
- It’s no secret that they’re smaller and lighter than a standard sized business card, so use a thicker cardstock than you normally would. Lasting and substantial - just like your brand!
- Create a design that you’re proud of. Recipients of square business cards tend to hold onto them longer!
And remember, they don’t have to be business cards. A square card can be used for hang tags, gift or coupon cards, labels, place or tent cards (just score the center and these dudes will stand up on their own), or pocket-sized anything cards!
Take a leap and be a Square! Start customizing.
Interested in a Sponsored Post?
Brand New offers the option of purchasing posts to promote your company, product, service, event, or other relevant news with prominent placement in the home page, permanent inclusion in the archives, and equal visibility with our regular posts in the site's RSS feed.